Jason R. Stuckey
Jason Stuckey advises a multitude of public sector clients with a focus on school districts and higher education institutions. He advises clients on compliance with a wide array of issues including but not limited to federal and state labor and employment issues, employee disciplinary concerns, contract issues, licensure issues, FERPA issues, ethics issues, the Ohio Open Meetings Act, student-related disciplinary matters, residency and custody disputes, public records requests, FERPA, and the drafting and implementation of policies.
Jason also has extensive experience representing clients in collective bargaining negotiations, labor arbitrations, and employee grievances. He has also represented clients before the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, state and federal courts; including the Court of Appeals. Jason has also advised higher education clients on Title IX and NCAA compliance issues.
Prior to joining Bricker, Jason served as the Assistant General Counsel to the Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority, where he advised on labor and employment matters, counseled on housing and insurance matters, managed litigation and facilitated public records requests. He began his legal career at the Ohio Attorney General’s office as an Assistant Attorney General in the Civil Rights Section, where he led a team of investigators at the OCRC on charges of discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Title VII, conducted trainings, and handled litigation on various employment and fair housing issues.
Professional & Community Activities
- Mentor, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Beautillion
- Board Member, Inner City Tennis Project
- Board Member and Membership Committee Chair, Greater Cincinnati Minority Corporate Counsel Program
Presentations & Published Works
- Speaker, "OASBO Essentials of Human Resources, 2018-2019", August 2018
- Webinar, “ADA and FMLA for K-12 and Higher Education,” March 2018
- Speaker, "Constitutional Potpourri," OASSA/OAESA Legal Seminar, February 2018
- Speaker, “Hot Topics - Facility Issues Involved in ADA - Reasonable Accommodation Requests,” Top Gun – Construction Claims Seminar, October 2017
- Speaker, “Search in Schools,” Bricker and & Eckler’s Education Law Seminar, October 2017
- Speaker, Sycamore Community Schools Administrator In-Service, October 2017
Bar Admissions & Activities
- 2018 Pathfinder, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2013
- Admitted, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law (J.D.), 2013; Vice-President, Black Law Students' Association (BLSA); Regional Director of Pre-Law Division, Midwest BLSA; Minority Pre-Law Advisor; Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition Board; Club Tennis Team Member
- Johnson C. Smith University (B.A. summa cum laude, Political Science), 2010; Valedictorian; Captain, Tennis Team; Summer School on Black Europe in Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2008
- Tuesday, July 14, 2020
- 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM